Friday, September 2, 2011

Walldette....another Forgeron Cellars wine

I would have to say that wines from Forgeron Cellars has to be impressing the BELLA crew this month for we keep writing about them!  One of the new additions to our wine selections is Waldette, a white wine blend of Chardonnay, Roussanne and Orange Muscat.  A wonderful combination of grapes that had me curious!  When I first smelled this, I got a lot of citrus and floral notes, which I have not noticed particularly with chardonnays before.  So, to take a sip of this wine, I found myself taken away by the soft white peaches and pears with the creamy heartiness a chardonnay carries with just a touch of spice.  I love this new found wine and could say that it went well with my crackers and brie!  I would also love to have this with some chowder!    
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment