Thursday, September 1, 2011

Forgeron Cellars '09 Ambiance

    One of the best parts of wine, to me,  is learning more about it than just the taste.  There is so much "in" a bottle of wine.  I first loved Forgeron when I found out that it is a woman making these wines!!  I love the thought of an intelligent and truly talented woman crafting my wines.  I had never tasted a Merlot with so much depth and character until BLACKSMITH with its strong bold flavor and lasting silky finish.  Keep in mind I have not had that many Merlots, but I can taste the art of crafting with love for what it is and will become.  I am certain this woman loves what she does.  In the beautiful white blend she has made, AMBIANCE it strikes that certain chord in my mind that puts my mind at ease.  Its sensational aroma of honeysuckle flowers and stone is the first characteristic that made me close my eyes and say Mmmm.  This white wine is silky, full bodied, and complex.  One can taste honeydew, a little green pear and the Roussanne brings this stunning reflection of terroir.  My favorite part is the lasting power of the finish. I am thinking I need to try this one with some lobster!!
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment